Monday, August 20, 2012

Book Suggestions!

Okay, so I’m a sucker for a good Christian romance. I’d say it’s probably because I’m a romantic at heart and can’t wait until I fall in love someday. But until that day comes, I love to read good Christian romance stories!
I can spend hours upon hours reading books! I don’t have as much time to read as I used to, but when I get the chance, I have a whole bookshelf full of books that I’ve bought and haven’t gotten a chance to read yet!
I know that I love to hear what others think of books – and some of other people’s favorite authors/books, so I’m going to share some of mine with you!

Mary Connealy

I discovered Mary Connealy a few years ago when my Mom got the first book in the Kincaid Brides Series – Out of Control – to review. I don’t know what it was about the cover of that book that drew me in, but I started to read it and LOVED it. Soon after, I bought most of the books that Mary Connealy has published. I now have every book that she has ever published, and have never been disappointed with her books.
Most of them are set in the late 1800s and have cowboys, bad guys and a hero. They are a great read and keep you going from the first page until the very last!


Hollywood Nobody Series by Lisa Samson

I absolutely LOVE this book series. The main character is Scotty Dawn, a teenage girl who is SO easy to get along with that reading her book is so easy! She’s funny, down to earth and always says what she means. I can always relate to her! There are four books in this series, but I suggest getting all 4 at once if you’re going to read them. When I first read them, I didn’t read them all in order and it got a bit confusing.
But I believe that since then, I’ve read them about 5 times. No matter how much I read them, I can’t get enough! So fun!

Katie Parker Series by Jenny B. Jones

Okay, so Jenny B. Jones is another one of those amazing authors that writes so well that all her books are great! She’s quirky, funny and just plain amazing! Again, I can only hope to be half the writer that she is! (She hasn’t published a book in over a year and I can’t wait to see what she has up her sleeve next. Kind-of getting a bit antsy, truthfully!)
But anyways, the Katie Parker Series are another just plain fun series. They are of course, about Katie Parker. She’s a teenage girl who is in the foster care system and has been with the same family for a few years and loves it.
She’s also hilarious and you never know what’s going to come out of her mouth! If you like chick-lit, you’d love these books!

Those are my favorites, girls, but here’s a list of other great authors that you should check out as well:
Melody Carlson
Karen Kingsbury
Beverly Lewis

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment