Friday, August 3, 2012

Life is Ever Changing

Changes. 

Life is full of them, isn't it? We can't go through anything without there being some change in our lives. It's how God created things though. Things are supposed to change. Sometimes the changes can be seen as good through our eyes, such as getting a new job, going off to college, or having a friend or family member get employed. But sometimes we percieve change as a negitive thing, don't we? Someone in our family looses a job and we look at the negative- we don't have as much income as we had before. We didn't get accepted in that job that we wanted so we must not be good enough. That relationship didn't work out so we must not be lovable. Negative, Negative, Negative. 

To be honest, I do the exact same thing. Something changes in my life and I tend to panic. Instead of trusting that God has everything under control, I tend to just freak out and not trust Him. I question Him, balk at Him, and sometimes even get angry at Him. Why? Because I'm scared. A lot of time going through changes in our life can be a scary thing. But why is it so scary? If we're created and loved by a God who not only sees everything we're going through, but also loves us unconditionally and has our plan already created and mapped out, can someone tell me why we're so fearful? 

Humans are not created to live in fear. The Bible says so here. 

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."  2 Timothy 1:7

Looking back up at the examples I used earlier, what would be a way to look at those same situatons with a trusting heart? Someone in our family looses a job? That job is no longer in God's plan for that family member and God is going to give that person something better. We didn't get accepted into the job we wanted? That job wasn't the job that God has in mind for us, he has something better in mind .That relationship didn't work out? God is going to lead us to a better, healthier relationship. It wasn't the right time. 

You see, God knows everything that goes on in our lives. You and me both know this, but take a second and think about it. Everything. The big things, the small things, everything he knows. But he also knows the things that are going to happen in the future for us. He knows where our lives are going to take us, so why should we be afraid of life or the things in life? After all, he's in control. Honestly, this is one of the hardest concepts for me to understand and accept in my Christian walk. It's hard and I'm going to be honest- sometimes It is a lot easier to be fearful then to give things over to God and know he's going to take care of us. 

But when we really think about it, yes all these changes can be scary sometimes. God didn't promise us that everything would be peachy when we accepted Him as our Savior, did he? No, but he promised us he'd take care of us and he is. He is taking care of us and He does each and every day. 

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?" Matthew 6:25

I have always found this BIble verse to be a really powerful one. If we're not even supposed to worry about what we're going to eat, drink or wear, where do we have room to worry about the other little things in life? I would say eating and drinking are pretty big things in life. But if we're not supposed to be concerned about those, maybe we should stop and look at the things we're worried about. The changes in our life, big or small. God is in control of these changes, therefore they shouldn't be scary ones. :) And it's not an easy process. Just giving this all over to God and accepting that it's all part of the plan. It takes time and many, many lessons. But eventually we start getting better at it. :) We have to start somewhere. 

To go ahead and end this post, I'm going to share a story of something I'm currently going through in my life right now. The idea for this post actually came about because I have a terrible habit of worring over the changes that happen in my life. I honestly hate changes, big or small. But God is in the process of teaching me to trust Him with the changes in my life. One of the changes that recently happened in my life was that I recently got a job! :) Something that lots of people would look around them and decide was a very positive change. And you're right. It has been a very positive change in my life and it's a change I'm grateful for. But even something positive has been tough and has not come without it's challenges. I have had my moments where I get scared and I get mad at myself for feeling like I'm not catching on as fast as I would like. But that's the thing, why should I worry about it? Every day brings it's new challenges but with each and every day, we should be trusting God with the little things. And trust me when I tell you, I don't have this all down myself. Not even close. But it's something we can all work together on. When we notice that we're starting to be fearful of a new change in our life, we should take some time to talk to God about it and open our Bibles. We know we're already taken care of but when we go to God with our problems, we won't feel the need to worry about it as much because we are more trusting that He has everything in control. :)

So girls, I just want to encourage you that you're not alone in whatever it is that you may be facing. We're all in this together and we're here for you if you need support, encouragment or prayer. If you want to contact us, please email us at heistodiefor@gmail.com. We would love to hear from you!



~ Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment